Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Aruba, Jamaica....oooo I wanna take ya.....

I found this past week another piece of Heaven on earth. It's a small island about 15 miles off the coast of Venezuela and it is AMAZING. Contrary to most islands I've been to, Aruba is mostly desert, but the water and weather are fabulous. And what more do you need when you want to lie on a beach for a week.

And lie on the beach is pretty much what we did....well, with a few other activities in the mix including sea kayaking, pushing our car through the Marriott parking lot b/c the battery died, slides at the water park, eating at a few fabulous restaurants, and snorkeling. Food highlight of the trip, sugar waffles (Liege waffles) from a Dutch deli. Similar to churros in texture and flavor, they are to die for. If there is a Dutch restaurant in your neighborhood, I highly recommend a visit.


For those looking for a good place to vacation (i.e. sit on the beach, read, and get a tan), Aruba is in the top five on my list. The food and service were great, weather comfortably warm (except when in a car with no air conditioning), fairly inexpensive as far as islands go, and the water temperature just about perfect. The only real painful part.....coming back to reality.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

That looks so fun! I was just talking to my friends that are doing internships for Del Sol and they definitely have a store in Aruba...I think I should maybe do it! haha anyway so amazing, don't you just love the ocean!