Friday, June 1, 2007

Sweet Times!

Hey! So we have had some pretty fun adventures in the last little while...I had my first set of papers due last week so that was fun! I can't believe it is already midterms and I come home in like 3 1/2 weeks! Crazy! anyway my first set of papers is overwith, but don't get too excited cause I have like 6 more to write that are due this next week...yay! So last Thursday we went and hiked Waimea Falls it was way sweet. The hike/walk is so pretty and then there is a little waterfall and swimming area at the top, it was awesome. Also after the hike we went and got Acai bowls, which are this Brazilian fruit and its made into a smoothie and they put granola, bananas, and honey on top! Wow it is SO GOOD! Friday Krista and I went in to Haleiwa, which is like a couple towns over, it takes about 45 min on the bus. Anyway it is like the cutest town ever it is so small, but very touristy. This is where they have Matsumoto's which is like the best snow cone place ever and they have this homemade ice cream place that is like to die for! haha basically all I ever hear about is all these good places to eat and all the different food I need to try! Saturday we went kayaking all day and it was so sweet. We drove to Kailua beach and then kayaked out to these 2 islands, hiked around and cliff jumped and then kayaked back. It was awesome. Also that night they had a thing called Food Fest on campus. It was so cool, it was outside in the flag circle and pretty much the whole town is invited haha it kind of reminded me of the July Jamboree in Cedar except way smaller. Anyway all of the different clubs at BYUH prepare some sort of food and then they sell plates of it with tickets that you buy at the front. anyway it is really cool and they had ALL kinds of food. Monday we rode the bus to one of the beaches along the North Shore. It was great, there are so many gorgeous beaches it is out of control. We also went and ate at this Thai place called Haleiwa Eats, wow it is so good I didn't think I would like it, but pretty much amazing! We also had a bonfire again the other night on the beach so that was fun. Basically we don't have very much time left so every day is going to be action packed! Stay tuned for more exciting adventures! Oh also I had my first hula test and here is a picture of our awesome hula skirts that our teacher made for us that we have to wear!

1 comment:

BJAT said...

You are way too much fun!! I can't believe that you even have time for a job and school. Love ya!