Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Memory"al Day!

Well we just thought everyone would like to be a part
of our excitement from yesterday. We started out trying to sleep in being
that we had no where to go. Well, Tyler woke up at 5:45am. I kept him happy
until I realized that he had peed through his clothes and all over the bed. I got him all changed and we stayed in bed watching TV(still wishing we
were sleeping in). I was holding Tyler and went to set him on the bed when
I realized that I had poop all over me and on my pillow. So I was
getting in the shower at 6:30am. So much for sleeping in. Luckily Allie slept
until almost 9am. We had quite a few other crazy events before we finally left
to go on our picnic/hike at 1pm but we will just skip those or this will be
a novel. Except I am just remembering one that happened right before we
left. I was nursing Tyler and Brandon was getting ready to make the picnic
sandwiches. We had just been to the store and I bought Allie
a bucket(I can't think of a better word) of raisins. Brandon had given
them to Allie because she was starving, as it was lunchtime. Brandon came back around the corner to find that Allie had spilled the whole bucket of raisins on the living room floor. We cleaned those up and were on our way. Tyler and Allie both slept all the way to Pearl Lake. That was nice because it took about 40min. We hiked this trail that went around the lake and stopped to eat lunch. It was SO pretty but a little cold. I had brought us all jackets in case it was cold but Tyler was already dressed pretty warm and Brandon and I decided that we didn't need ours. So Allie was the only with a jacket. As soon as we got sat down I hear Tyler start pooping. He is still in the carrier so I am trying to hurry and get him out so that it does not squish out everywhere. I pulled off his pants looking at his back to make sure it didn't leak not realizing that it had already squished out the front and I wiped it all down his leg when I pulled off his pants. Brandon was trying to help and keep Allie away from the water. As you can see in the pictures we were pretty close. I was lucky enough to
have an extra change of clothes for him except it was from the other day and it was shorts. Tyler was still really cold so we stole Allie's jacket and put it on him. We only lasted a few more minutes before we started
getting attacked by mosquito's. We gave up and went back to the truck. We still
had a lot of fun though! We grilled hamburgers that night and had to go
back to the store because we forgot to buy charcoal and we were going to have
homemade ice cream only we bought half and half and forgot the whipping cream.
We got Allie in bed and I fell asleep watching the Jazz game while Brandon was
trying to watch the game and deal with a grouchy Tyler that did not want to
go to sleep. This day will have some fun memories.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brianna said...

haha Janae first of all I LOVE the pictures! They are so stinkin' cute! Also I love how there is never a dull moment haha, there is always something crazy going on with two kids WOW! anyway so glad to hear things are going well and it is so pretty there. I can't wait to come visit! Love ya tons!

ajensen said...

Janae,

I am SO glad that you wrote all that. It makes me just laugh. You are so great.