Monday, May 21, 2007

not too exciting!





sorry i haven't posted anything in awhile...I feel like I am not really doing anything too exciting and probably nobody wants to hear about it! haha all well anyway life is great here in Hawaii...we finally met some ppl and had a bonfire on the beach the other day. It was pretty much amazing...also Krista and I rode the bus into the swap meet this last week. Wow was that an adventure! I felt like I was back in NY/DC only WAY more confusing. Luckily the bus drivers are very helpful so we found our way there and back and didn't even get on a wrong bus haha good thing since its a 2 hr bus ride and I had to get back to work. Also speaking of work this last week was the World Championship Fireknife Competition at the Polynesian Cultural Center and oh my gosh it was amazing! I worked a couple of the nights helping out with concessions so I got to watch the show from the side, but i actually bought tickets to the Friday night show, which was the boys ages 6-11, 12-17, and then the semi-finalists in the 18 and older category. Now I don't know if you guys know what a fireknife competition is, but let me just tell you each contestant has 2 turns. The first one they just have one stick with a knife on one end and then both ends on fire and the 2nd round they have 2 sticks with a knife on one end of each stick and then all 4 ends on fire. They basically do all sorts of tricks with the sticks, spinning, putting the fire on their tongues, throwing them up in the air. anyway it is pretty much amazing. I will try and put a few pictures on that I took, but they are kind of hard to see. anyway so that is basically what is happening in my life I am hoping that this week will lead to some fun and exciting adventures seeings how its Memorial Day on Monday, but I have 3 papers due that I have to get done before any play so we'll see......oh also my hula class is pretty much amazing! haha my teacher finished making me my hula skirt and it is awesome! I will have to take a picture and post it later. Also that website has a lot of different pictures we have taken and I update every once in awhile so feel free to check back...if you want! :) Oh also this last week at enrichment we learned how to make like 6 different kinds of leis and this is one of the ones I made. So cool!

3 comments:

Becs said...

Thanks for telling me you were working at the PCC! I didn't even know. That looks like so much fun. And that fire dancing...hello! And the arts and crafts in Relief Society, you are going to have to teach us to make them when you get back. And a hula skirt. That is so much fun. Good luck with all your tests. I also have a test this week...but seeing as how I already graduated, I'm having an even tougher time getting motivated to study for it!

Harold and Sheri Fam said...

Yea, you better make about 20 or 30 of those leis before you come home so you don't forget how. You can make about 20 bucks a lei at graduation time. They are charging between $30-40. good money if you ask me. can't wait to see your hula skirt. You will now and forever be our talent at every family reunion. mom

BJAT said...

I second moms decision of you representing us at the reunion in the talent show. Love you tons! You are so much I wish I was there with you.